Matthew Needleman created a very interesting video on an old man waking from a 100 year sleep to find the world had changed greatly. It was a very creative and intriguing video. I was not expecting him to come to a school and find it comforting because it had not changed in such a long time, but now that I think about it that is completely true. It is sad that schools have not changed their ways too. I feel like with all of the new technology in the world today we need to stop our lecturing and use the resources we have to teach in a whole new way. Children these days live very fast paced lives and I feel like teaching should join that lifestyle.
When I get a job in a classroom I hope to not feel the way Mr. Winkle's did. I don't want to be in an environment where I am only lecturing the children and nothing else. I hope to be able to teach my children in the most efficient way I can by using the technological resources around me.
I agree with the way you feel. I hope to not be behind on technology or feel as though the world has fast forward 100 years. This video was extremely sad to me that teachers have the stigma of not changing and teaching the same way they always have. I think that if we want to see change we need to start it ourselves and begin to create an environment where technology is used and creativity is encouraged.
ReplyDelete